Philadelphia Defective Medical Device Lawyer
Experienced Dangerous Medical Device Injury Attorney in Conshohocken, PA Aggressively Fights on Behalf of Clients in King of Prussia, Norristown, Montgomery County, and Throughout Pennsylvania as well as New Jersey
Medical devices are designed with the goal of making our lives better, and many fulfill this goal. There are many medical devices that help to save lives. However, there are instances when the very devices that were meant to help improve our health cause injuries. When a medical device is defective, it can cause serious injury to the patient. This can result in the need for additional treatment or, in some cases, death. With the help of an experienced Philadelphia defective medical device lawyer from Villari, Giannone and Matteo, you can recover financial compensation and seek justice for your damages.
The team at Villari, Gianonone and Matteo has been representing victims of defective medical devices for years. We are committed to recovering maximum compensation on behalf of our clients. We work to provide our clients with the guidance and support they need as they deal with the injuries and damages resulting from the use of defective medical devices. We are here to address all your concerns. Contact us now to schedule a free consultation with an experienced dangerous medical device injury attorney in Conshohocken, PA.
Types of Defective Medical Device Claims
Defective medical device claims generally fall into the categories outlined below:
- Design – Designers of medical devices are required to ensure that the device’s design is safe. The product should be able to perform the task it was designed for. The design should also not present risks to the consumer. If the product has a flawed design and this results in injuries to consumers, the designer of the product can be held liable for the damages suffered.
- Marketing – Manufacturers of medical devices are required to warn healthcare professionals and consumers of products about the risks associated with their products. Failure to do so can result in the company being held liable for damages resulting from the use of the product even if the product in itself was not defective.
- Manufacturing – Manufacturers of medical devices are required to produce products that are safe for use. If an error occurs during the production or packaging of the product, it can result in a defect that can cause harm to consumers of the product. Manufacturers can be held liable for the damages resulting from this defect.
Common Types of Defective Medical Devices
The experienced attorneys at Villari, Giannone and Matteo have dealt with a wide variety of defective medical device claims. Some of the most common claims we have come across involve:
- Diabetes pumps
- Mesh patches that are used for repairing hernias
- Heart defibrillators
- Birth control devices
- Knee replacement devices
- Hip replacement devices
- CPAP machines
- And many more
If you suspect you or a loved one has been injured due to the use of a defective medical device, you should contact our law firm and schedule a free consultation with an experienced Philadelphia defective medical device lawyer. We will review your case for free and work with experts to determine whether you have a valid claim or not. We will build a strong case on your behalf and fight to recover maximum compensation.
Reach Out to Villari, Giannone and Matteo to Consult with an Experienced Philadelphia Defective Medical Device Lawyer
Defective medical device claims can be very complicated. Bringing a lawsuit against a manufacturer of medical devices requires extensive legal and financial resources. It can also be a lengthy and involving process. You will need all the help you can get to fight for the compensation you deserve.
The team at Villari, Giannone, and Matteo has the experience and resources needed to help you fight for just compensation for your injuries and damages. We offer you the opportunity to consult with an experienced dangerous medical device injury attorney in Conshohocken, PA. Victims of defective medical devices can have their cases reviewed for free to determine their options and the best approach to take to recover compensation.
Our law firm represents clients in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We have the experience, skills, knowledge and resources to fight for the best outcome in your case. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with an attorney from our law firm.
Frequently Asked Questions about Defective Medical Devices in Philadelphia
There are various damages available for victims of defective medical devices in Philadelphia. These include:
1. Lost wages
2. Additional medical expenses
3. Future medical expenses
4. Loss of the capacity to earn
5. Pain and suffering
6. Loss of quality of life
7. Emotional distress and many more
It is important to consult with an experienced Philadelphia defective medical device lawyer to determine the specific damages that you are eligible to recover for your claim. Our law firm offers a free consultation for injury victims. We will review your case for free and determine what damages you are entitled to. We work with experts to estimate the value of your case. We will fight to recover maximum compensation on your behalf.
No. The law in Pennsylvania does not require victims of defective medical devices to prove negligence when they file a claim. Under the principle of strict liability, manufacturers of defective medical devices can be found liable for the injuries caused by their products. This means that you will not have to prove negligence.
This doesn’t mean that defective medical device cases are straightforward. They are in fact quite complicated. You will still have to show that the injuries and damages suffered were caused by a defect in the medical device used. You can rely on the team at Villari, Giannone and Matteo to help you build a strong case. We work with experts. We also have vast experience representing victims of defective medical devices. We will fight to recover maximum financial compensation on your behalf.
- "Want to thank all of you once again not only for your professional services but your friendship and feeling like family through all of these past four years as we fought to rebuild Stefanie's life. I could not have made a better choice for helping us through this ordeal."
- "They are all very helpful, caring and they do everything to try to make sure you as a client are OK and get you what you deserve. I would recommend them to anyone. They are a great law firm."
- "I will happily be recommending your firm to anyone who may need your help in the future because of Jen, Eric and Brian."